Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
Barcelona will face Atletico Madrid on this 36th addition of The 2019–20 Supercopa de España. These two giants are a clash of styles as one boast the best attacking while the other brags about their defence. Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone seeks revenge for their last encounter whereas Barcelona seeks to retain their title.
Spain – Supercopa de España
Date: Friday, 10 January 2019 (Malaysia Time)
Kick-off- time :
- 9th Jan 2020, 20:00 (UTC +3)
- 10th Jan 2020, 03:00 (Malaysia Time)
Venue: King Abdullah Sports City
Even though Atletico Madrid lost 0 – 1 to Barcelona during their last La Liga encounter, Barcelona has drawn their last game against a very weak side Espanyol (last place in La Liga). Barcelona has been going downhill after their victory against Atletico Madrid as they only manage to win 2 of their last 5 games both domestically and internationally. Barcelona is still the favourites here but we predict an underdog upset story of Atletico Madrid winning this encounter with narrow margins.
- Barcelona saws a drop of form
- Recent past encounters only shows either side grabbing narrow wins (fewer than 2.5 goals)
- Atletico Madrid are in good form, 4 wins and 1 draw in their last 5 games
- Diego Simeone have helped Atletico Madrid won La Liga 2014 title
- Marc-André ter Stegen (Barca keeper) still out due to injury
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid Head-to-head
- Their last clash witnessed Barcelona post a 1-0 win.
- Both teams have found the back of the net together in just two of their past five meetings.
- All of their previous five encounters have featured fewer than 2.5 goals on the charts.
- The final scores have been tied twice in their last five games.
- Atletico Madrid has registered the win just once in their past ten match-ups. (W-1, D-4, L-5)
Barcelona has been hit by a sharp decline in form and has picked up a win just once in their past four games. Their last clash on the road saw them share the spoils with Espanyol in a 2-2 draw. Even with their 4-1 win over Alaves, we still believe Barca are not at their best and might not match what Atletico Madrid has to offer.
Atletico Madrid on the other hand is on a four-game winning run in all competitions, managing to score a consistent 2 goals during these games. With Diego Simeone as their head coach, they have proven time to time they are a powerful force.