Playing poker online is fun and I dabble at it as well from time to time, and I can confidently say Malaysians enjoys Malaysia live casino very much.
However, many players seem to feel that playing in a live tournament is very similar to playing at a live casino. Well, it is and it is not. Here are 9 golden tips on how to ease your transition from being online live casino player to a poker tournament player.
1) If you have difficulty facing pressure in daily life, do not think that playing in front of watchful eyes and a roomful of people will have no effect on you. If you are very easily moved and influenced, I suggest you keep your money and forget about playing in a tournament at all and this is relevant even more when talking about a live poker tournament.
2) Wear comfortable and not fashionable clothes. This is not a fashion show: this is poker. Thus, wear those clothes that will help you feel comfortable and at ease. I have known a woman who wore tight jeans and then all through the round, she kept fidgeting uncomfortably. Regardless to say, she was the first one to lose and all because she was dressed uncomfortably.
3) Drink only water and even then only a little so that you will not feel thirsty and also will not get the urge to go to the lavatory. Either of the two feelings are disastrous to a poker player in the midst of a hand.
4) Do not drink alcohol or even sugared soft drinks. Alcohol will cause you to lose your concentration and sweet drinks give a false sense of well-being; both will work against you when you play in a live game.
5) Do not sit next to the dealer. Most poker tournaments allow you to pick your seat in the earlier rounds. It is best to sit opposite the dealer so that you will be able to look at each and every poker player.
6) Try not to change positions while playing. If you really begin to feel uncomfortable, change your position after a hand ends. In not circumstance should you move while playing.
7) Go to the toilet when the break is announced and do not hang around talking. It is best to loosen your gall bladder than exchanging a few words with other players.
8) Watch how others are doing. Those about to lose will opt to play only when they have strong hands; those with a large stack will be more willing to risk it.
9) Learn the rules and regulations of the particular poker tournament you have entered so as to save unnecessary losses.
Live poker games are against people and so if you can read people well, you will have an advantage when playing in a tournament.
Do not over-estimate your opponents. Many poker pros fall to relatively unknown players because they are over-confident. So, study the game, if you’re interested in more related articles, visit our archive about Malaysia live casino.